Translate This Page
FOURTH CHAKRA - HEART CHAKRA
- (Light...Energy Acting on Energy)
The Fourth Chakra is the Bridge between the Physical/Emotional Centers and the Mental/Spiritual Centers. Unbalanced energy in this Center will cause feelings of being unloved, resentful, and unable to forgive.
Also referred to as:
- Anahata (unbroken, unstuck, unbeaten, direct cognition)
- Perception and Insight
- Dorsal Center
- Center of Unstruct Sound
- Living Love
The function of the Heart Chakra is to influence the Thymus Gland to maintain the proper amino-competence factor that is valuable in the immunity to disease.
This Center is the opening to the Soul's true expression its knowledge, its love and its abilities.
It brings to us:
- Unconditional love
It is with the knowing and understanding of the “self” that true self-love comes into being
It deals with love at all levels...self, another, groups or the all and everything.
It shows us that love can transform the job of being into the joy of giving, the delight of self-existence into the delight of sharing self-expression.
This Chakra will malfunction if we are unable to let go of a love relationship that is no longer for our highest good. From this Chakra, we learn that Universal Love is truly unconditional and undemanding.
It is said that when the Heart Chakra is opened the individual can perceive and understand his Karma and, in so doing, free himself of that Karma. The individual, at that time, can control his Karma and exert his will to fulfill his wishes as he will no longer be subordinate to the Karma of this World. He who functions in the Heart Chakra transcends the realm of worldly existence., He who functions in the Phenomenal World (the lower three Chakras) is bound by the Law of Karma and that Soul will accept what it is presented by Karmic circumstances (the causal relationship between action and reaction).
Abilities that may come into being with the awakening of this Chakra are:
- Psychic healing
- Psychokinetic powers
- Ability to control air
- Power to have wishes come true
- Universal love is awakened
- Poetic expression may excel
The individual is advised to retain an attitude of constant optimism.
AGE: 21-28 (understanding matures and perceptions deepen)
- Heart Area
- Cardiac Plexus – Inferior Cervical Ganglion
- Love and charity
- Heart, Circulatory System, Lymph Glands, Lungs
- People close to your heart
- Activator: Emerald Green (brings balance)
- Antidote: None needed as this is neutral territory
ENDOCRINE GLAND: Thymus (controls the Immune System)
- Moon (instincts)
- Cancer (green/silver)
BACH FLOWER REMEDIES:
- Centaury (#4) service
- Chicory (#8) overcoming distance
- Heather (#1) unconditional love
- Holly (#15) free-flowing love energy
- Honeysuckle (#16) living in the here and now
- Red Chestnut (#25) the ability to express true love
- Rock Rose (#26) overcoming ego limitations
ELEMENT: Air and gas
EMOTION: Joy, grief, compassion
ESSENTIAL OILS: Basil, Bergamot, Cypress, Fennel, Jasmine, Marjoram, Melissa, Rose
ETHERIC COLOR AND ACTIVITY: Pink. All embracing love, forgiveness and acceptance, love for all life and creation, mercy and compassion
FLOWER ESSENCE(S): Passionflower, Rose, Lavender, Catnip, Thyme
FOODS: Green fruits and veggies
- Green Jade (wisdom to make clear judgments)
- Rose Quartz (comforts a broken heart, soothes worries)
- Aventurine (protects the Heart against negative energies)
- Watermelon Tourmaline (use to open a closed heart)
- Dioptase (rejuvenation of Heart Chakra)
- Emerald (aligns Etheric, Astral and Emotional bodies)
- Peridot (removes toxicity, tissue regeneration)
- Rosehips (high I Vit “C” content, blood purifier, excellent for mucus, colds and sinus, affects nerves and blood)
- Juniper Berries (can be boiled and used as a spray to disinfect a sick room. The berries can b e chewed to aid in prevention of infection from inhaled substances)
- Cumin (as a salve, it warms the area placed upon)
- Hawthorne Berries (helps to focus on the soul qualities in a relationship rather than on the personality differences)
INCENSE: Lavender, Jasmine, Yarrow, Marjoram, Meadowsweet
INNER SOUND: Astral Bell
MUSICAL INSTRUMENT: Harp, Flute, Violin, Piano
PERSONALITY: Acquisitive Type – Security Oriented
PHYSICAL SYSTEM: Respiratory
- Venus – love
- Mercury - Mind
REALM: Causal (here the Soul-Mind designs the patterns or blueprints of ideas and plans for new incarnations, then sends it to the lower Mental Plane, to give it substance. Believed that archetypal patterns originate here.)
SENSE: Principle of Touch (Astral matter can be felt)
- (organ): Skin (hands)
SPINAL ASSOCIATION: 6th Thoracic
SUBTLE BODY: Higher Mental/Subjective (abstract)
- The Empress
- The Suit is Swords
TONE: A (as in a)
ARCHANGEL: Raphael (God Heals)
DEITY, ENERGY, VITAL FORCE:
- Isha (represents the whole world-system in which the diversities of phenomenal realties of space and time are gradually revealed)
- Shakti: Kakini (meditate here to be able to protect or destroy worlds)
- Other: Aphrodite, Pan, Eros
POSSIBLE SPIRITUAL EXPRESSION:
- Bhakti Yoga
- Overcoming hatred
- Oneness with life
Integrating self into larger Social groups (in the Root Chakra we learned to deal with individuals and small groups, in the Spleen Chakra we learned to fight the right way.
- Love and hate
- Grief and anger
Those who experience a balanced Heart Chakra energy will be observed as being compassionate, friendly, outgoing, a humanitarian, balanced, the one who sees the goodness in everyone, being active in the community, discriminating, and desiring to nurture others.
Those who experience an excessive Heart Chakra energy will be observed as being demanding, possessive, moody, overly-critical, melodramatic, displaying martyr attitudes and manic-depressive.
Those who experience a deficient Heart Chakra energy will be observed as being paranoid, indecisive, feeling sorry for themselves, afraid to let go, afraid to be free, afraid of being abandoned, afraid of self or family members being injured.
If the Heart Chakra is not in balance, some of the dis-eases that may be experienced are:
- Asthma and allergies
- High blood pressure
- Lung disease
- Stroke, congestive heart failure, mitral valve prolapse, cardiomegaly
- Upper back and shoulders
- Breast cancer
- Weak Immune System
The Heart Chakra is the storage place for the temporary duplicate Akashic Records that distribute the Karma throughout the blood stream as it becomes ripe, forming one's body and lifestyle.
A tiny, invisible concentrated center of energy in the Heart, called the Heart-Seed Atom, contains the same pictures as the Akashic Records; these pictures are the “ripe karma” that is distributed throughout the bloodstream to make up one's physical body and one's daily events. Symbolized in the Bible as one of the Books of Life.
The Heart-Seed-Atom Energy Center, attached to the Silver Cord, contains the same pictures as the Akashic Records, which are subject to the physical 23-day cycle of biorhythms.
The Life-Cord is an invisible etheric strand running from the invisible MONAD to the permanent seed in the Heart. Its function is to carry the invisible, minute, electronic karmic pictures from the individual's Akashic Records to the Heart for distribution.
When the Heart Center opens, direct psychic guidance from beyond is experienced. The wisdom of the love aspect manifests, and in so doing, produces a definite change in thought process, words that are spoken and actions that are taken.
A greater awareness of joy and sorrow will bring about responses, within the individual, based upon sympathy for those who suffer pain. (The individual may become a true “sensitive” at this point in his/her development.)
The majority of people have closed Heart Chakras (usually occurs at an early age) which accounts for the amount of apathy that exists in the world today.