Translate This Page
THIRD CHAKRA -
SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA
- (Condensed Light-Color...Consciousness Acting on Matter)
The Third Chakra relates to our self-confidence and self-esteem and how we deal with other people. It deals with mastery in the Physical Realm and, if not in balance, a definite lack of these attributes will be known to exist. A victim-consciousness will be exhibited.
Also referred to as:
- Manipura (filled with jewels or jeweled city, the hub of will power)
- Chakra of the Sun (Power Center)
- Gem Center
- Lumbar Center
- The brain of the Material Man
- The distribution point of psychic energies
The function of the Solar Plexus Chakra is to influence the Adrenals that, in turn, affect our:
- Sympathetic Nervous System
- Muscular energy
- Pulse or heartbeat
This is the area of the “Emotional Mind”. This is the point where you get knots, or butterflies, when you are anxious. If this Chakra is operating improperly, it will adversely affect all of your psychic centers and/or energies in the body and will create an unwelcome, general imbalance and dis-harmony.
This Center is associated with:
- The Sun and the Ego.
- It is the center of digestion.
- It is the Center of personal power, strength and intelligence.
- Ancients believed this to be the Soul of Man.
Paramahansa Yogananda stated that it is controlled by the Conscious Mind and “can be trained in introspective, creative thinking that will then provide access to, and influence on, the Sub-Conscious”.
In Martial Arts this is the Center of Chi, the Life Force System, and thus relates to physical abilities and athletic prowess. Contemplation on this Chakra will lead to knowledge of the physical organism and its functions.
When this Center is awakened, the consciousness of the Personal Soul also awakens. Realization comes that the Personal Soul is the personal spiritual consciousness that pervades all dimension of evolution.
Abilities that may come into being with the awakening of this Chakra are:
- The mastery of fire.
- Seeing the body from within
- Freedom from disease
- Loss of prejudice and/or personal bias.
- Locating hidden treasures.
This Center is the starting point of Evolution. It is the Center through which one feels the emotions of the Universe, where the Physical Body transmutes Cosmic energy into usable Physical energy. It is the distribution center for psychic energies.
AGE: 14-21 (it is here will power, ego, and individuality come to the fore)
- At the Solar Plexus, just above the Navel
- Plexus: Solar
- Assistance in tuning into the Wisdom of the Universe.
- Sympathetic Nervous System, Diaphragm, Adrenals, Digestive organs, Skin as a system
- Muscular energy
- The breath
- Combustion and magic
- Individual's perceptions of power and controL
ENDOCRINE GLAND: Pancreas
- Activator: Yellow Amber (gives mental clarity)
- Antidote: Violet
- Taurus (Yellow/pink)
- Libra (Yellow)
- Aspen (#2) overcoming fear
- Hornbeam (#17) being able to achieve personal goals
- Larch (#19) self-awareness
- Scleranthus (#28) balance within self
- Star of Bethlehem (#29) ability to act from inner joy
ELEMENT: Fire (the Sun)
ESSENTIAL OILS: Birch, Eucalyptus, Juniper
ETHERIC COLOR AND ACTIVITY:
- Peace, love of nature and the elements, service to mankind
FLOWER ESSENCE: Sage, Angelica, Marigold, Rosemary
FOODS: Starches, yellow fruits and veggies''
- Citrine (aids in digestion, frees up breathing)
- Turquoise (increases healing powers, steadying influence)
- Malachite (joy, emotional purge)
- Yellow Topaz (bring able to achieve personal goals)
- Apatite (enhances flow of communication)
- Marshmallow Root (releases the third Chakra and softens personal efforts to control life)
- Yarrow (increases circulation will expel gas from stomach, fever remedy for liver, lung and kidney problems)
- Blessed Thistle (increases digestive circulation, useful for liver, lung and kidney problem)
- Cinnamon (warms the organs, treat chronic diarrhea, cramps, abdominal pains and lover back pains)
INCENSE: Carnation, Cinnamon Marigold
INNER SOUND: Astral Harp
MUSICAL INSTRUMENT: Cello, guitar, oboe, piano, violin
PERSONALITY: Intellectual Type – Thinking Oriented
SENSE: Principle of Sight (also of light)
- (organ) Eyes
SPINAL ASSOCIATION: 12th thoracic
SUBTLE BODY: Lower Mental/Objective (material)
- Emperor (he will achieve his goals)
- The Sun (open and honest)
- The Suit is Wands
TONE: A-O-M (ahh-ooo-mmm)
DEITY, ENERGY, VITAL FORCE:
- Rudra Shiva (The World of the Mind)
- Shakti: Lakini (meditate here for power to create or destroy)
- Other: Athena, Athene, Hellos, Amaterasu
POSSIBLE SPIRITUAL EXPRESSION:
- Thoravada Buddhism (the teachings of the Elders)
- Karma Yoga
LESSONS: (This is the Chakra of the Shamans)
- Dealing with power and ambition
- Associated with communication with the Spirit World (includes dark powers)
- Learning the importance of understanding your own dark side and transforming that energy into positive energy.
- Fight clean...not “an eye for an eye”.
- Sensitivity to criticism
- Responsibility for making decisions
Those who experience a balanced Solar Plexus energy will be observed as being cheerful, expressive, spontaneous, outgoing, intelligent, relaxed with a strong sense of personal power.
Those who experience an excessive Solar Plexus energy will be observed as being very demanding, a work-o-holic, a perfectionist, judgmental, and will probably harbor hidden inferiority complexes.
Those who experience a deficient Solar Plexus energy will be observed as being depressed, confused, feeling that others control their lives, lacking confidence, worrying what others will think and having poor digestion.
If the Solar Plexus is not in balance, some of the dis-eases that may be experienced are:
- Gall stones
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Hypoglycemia, anorexia or bulimia
- Colon and intestinal problems
- Pancreatitis or diabetes
- Liver and/or adrenal dysfunction
When this Chakra opens, Physical Mediumship can take place. Such events uncover astonishing areas of understanding and the learning to control our nocturnal experiences. As the Center unfolds, all types of astral influences will be recorded.
It is important that special attention be given this Center any time we find ourselves in an emotional, stressful bind (lost relationships, lost jobs, etc.) for this Center houses many “emotional cords” that require constant monitoring and removal.
A tiny invisible concentrated center of energy located in the Solar Plexus Chakra, called the Astral-Seed-Atom, is believed to contain the “quality” of emotions that have been encountered in every life that the Soul Mind has lived. It is often referred to as one of the Three Books of Life in the Bible.
The Emotional-Astral-Seed-Atom is an invisible concentrated Center of energy located in the Solar Plexus, attached to the Silver Cord; containing the quality of the emotions of the present and the future for the present incarnation, acts as an agent for the development of the Soul Mind. This Center contains the Psychic Knot of Shiva, which is an invisible, inverted triangle energy field. This energy field must loosened before the Kundalini can continue its upward journey.