Translate This Page
SIXTH CHAKRA - BROW CHAKRA - THIRD EYE:
- (Consciousness Acting on Consciousness)
Also referred to as:
- Ajna (to know, to follow, to command)
- Command Center
- Third Eye Chakra
- Location of the Spiritual Mind
- Christ Consciousness Center
- Chakra of Visualization
The function of the Brow Chakra is to influence the Pineal Gland and relate to the Pituitary Gland (Master Gland or the Cup That Is Filled) which is the Master Control Center of the Mind and Body. The Brow Chakra is the source of extrasensory perception and intuition.
This is the Chakra of Clairvoyance (clear-seeing). The development of this Chakra enables you to see auras, etc. This is the area of Mental Telepathy. The opening of the Third Eye is a spiritual happening and it is not necessary for this Center to be opened for the individual to be psychic. Once awakened, this Chakra has the power to dissolve Karma, thus helping to lessen any danger that might arise when the Karma of the lower Chakras is activated.
Concentration on and development of this Chakra will lead to major psychic changes and purification of the mind. When this Chakra is awakened, you begin to come into contact with the higher consciousness by the release of energy that has lain latent in the Pineal Gland. It can bring direct contact with the “Inner Guru” or the innate source of deep knowledge and wisdom that resides in the Brow Chakra. Contact with the “Outer Guru” (Guardian Angel) comes through this Chakra.
The Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna merge here to form a single passage to the Crown Chakra. Part of the energy that collects at this point of merger goes to the Crown Chakra, the rest is distributed throughout the Physical, Astral and Causal Bodies.
Any change that may occur in either the Brow Chakra or the Root Chakra will induce a similar change in the other. They both contain an inverted triangle.
- Just above, between the eyebrows, in the center of the forehead
- Spiritual perception and intuition
- Universal Subtle Body
- Principle of Existence
- Pineal Gland, Pituitary Gland
- Right eye
- Paranormal powers
- Activator: Indigo
- Antidote: Orange
- Aquarius (light Indigo)
- Capricorn (Indigo)
BACH FLOWER REMEDIES:
- Beech (#3) tolerance
- Cerato ($5) following your inner guide
- Chestnut Bud (#7) being open to learning from life
- Gentian (#12) acceptance
- Olive (#23) trusting Cosmic Harmony
- Vine (#32) accepting authority
- Walnut (#33) being able to listen to your inner voice
- White Chestnut (#35) aid to meditation
ELEMENT: Electrical Energy
ETHERIC COLOR AND ACTIVITY: Emerald Green. Advanced healing, consecration, visionary powers, psychic development
- Lapis (facilitates hypnosis, visualization, astral travel, and understanding of obscure spiritual teachings)
- Azurite (brings up subconscious thought processes)
- Sodalite (balances eyes, nose, ears and enhances psychic abilities)
- Flourite Octahedron (creates focus and sharp thinking)
- Sugalite [Luvulite] (aids in visualization and awakening the Christ Consciousness)
- Eyebright (cooling to blood, liver detox, aids the eyes, it helps to honor the lessons that all aspects of life bring and to see both the light side and the dark side as each a part of the whole.
- Fennel (good for gassy/acid stomach, removes obstructions from liver, spleen and gall bladder. An excellent eyewash)
- White Willow Bark (alleviates headaches, neuralgia and pains in joints. Reduces fever)
INCENSE: Anise, Saffron, Acacia
INNER SOUND: AUM
MUSICAL INSTRUMENT: Synthesizers, higher electronic instruments
NOTE: A (high)
PERSONALITY: Intuitive Type – Future Oriented
SENSE: Principle of Thought
- (organ) Brain
SPINAL ASSOCIATION: 1st Cervical
SUBTLE BODY: Intuitional/Higher Perception
- The Priestess (Diana, the Huntress)
- The Magician (He is a channel for the Gods)
TONE: OM (as in roam)
DEITY, ENERGY, VITAL FORCE:
- Paramashiva, ultimate reality in pure consciousness (symbolizes the inseparable cosmic unity whose self-luminous consciousness is all-pervading, all-transcending, all-unifying
- Other: Isis, Apollo, Iris, Hecate
POSSIBLE SPIRITUAL EXPRESSION:
- Raja Yoga
- Vajrayana Buddhist
- Utilization of imagination
- Ethical visualization
Associated with various cognitive faculties of the mind, both mental and abstract ideas are experienced at this level. Seriously unbalanced energy in this Chakra will cause you to cease believing in anything.
Those who experience a balanced Brow Chakra energy will be observed as being charismatic, having access to the Source of All Knowledge, no attachment to material things, no fear of death, being master of him/herself, being telepathic, experiencing astral travel and past lives, and having experienced Cosmic Consciousness (Yogananda).
Those who experience an excessive Brow Chakra energy will be observed as being egomaniacal, proud, manipulative, religiously dogmatic, authoritarian (Hitler).
Those who experience a deficient Brow Chakra energy will be observed as being undisciplined, afraid of success, non-assertive, overly-sensitive to the feelings of others, may be schizophrenic (unable to distinguish between the Ego and the Higher Self).
If a Brow Chakra is not in balance, some of the dis-eases that may be experienced are:
- Blurred vision
An invisible strand of energy, called the Mental-Consciousness-Cord extends from the Soul-Mind, to the Pineal Gland in the human head. From here it extends to the Kanda and is called the Sushumna. Within this strand lies all of one's attributes and weaknesses as a result of one's many incarnations...a product of one's own doings. This connects a person to their invisible Super-Conscious Mind, carries one's mental development the entire length of the spine, and controls the response mechanisms of the brain.