YOUR LIFE PATH NUMBER [Birth Number]
Numerology is like a guidance system that shows you the easiest, the most difficult, the road blocks and the choices your life offers you. The Life Path (or Life Cycle) number (sometimes referred to as your Destiny, Birth Path, Birth Force) is the most important number in your life. This number represents who you are at birth and the native traits that you will carry with you through life. It is based on your date of birth, represents the specific lessons your Soul has chosen to learn and indicates which goals or pursuits are best suited toward that end. The lower the Life Path number (1 through 6 deals with fundamental concepts) the more uncomplicated the chosen lesson. The higher Life Path numbers (7 through 9 deal with advanced understandings) the more complex the issues, the greater the ultimate potential growth and the more difficult it may be to reach that potential.
The Life Path number is unchangeable. Understanding and acceptance of the chosen Life Path allows for full growth and productive development. Non-acceptance or avoidance, will be non-productive and lead to disharmony and unbalance in your life.
The Life Path number is derived by adding the month, day and year of your birth and reducing that sum to a single digit. [Add all the numbers for a total, then add the numbers of that total, until the number is a single digit.]
Example 1: Birthdate: December 28, 1931
12+28+1931 = 1971 . 1+9+7+1 = 18 . 1+8 = 9 . Life Path is a 9
12 = 1+2 = 
28 = 2+8 = 10 = and 1+0 = 
1931 = 1+9+3+1 = 14 . 1+4 = 
3+1+ 5 = 9
I prefer using Example 2 because it has also calculated the three Life Path Sub-Cycle numbers to be easily retrieved. There is a section devoted to the Life Path Sub-Cycles.
Master Numbers: It is important to retain or be aware of the double digit numbers as you compute the Life Path number. If there is a Master Number (11/2, 22/4, or 33/6) it must not be reduced. We will explore the Master Numbers in another section.
Karmic Debt Numbers: If there is a Karmic Debt Number (19/1, 13/4, 16/7) it must not be reduced. The Karmic Debt numbers apply only if found in the Life Path, Soul Urge or Expression. We will explore the Karmic Debt Numbers, Soul Urge and Expression in other sections.
After you calculate your life path number, find it below and see if it matches the life you're leading or the life you'd like to be leading.
THE LIFE PATH NUMBERS:
1 LIFE PATH - The Path of The Leaders
A Person on a One Life Path is a natural born leader. They are pioneers and have an insatiable desire to be inventive and original and to accomplish great things. They are self-motivated and determined in any project they undertake. They are innovative and creative when approaching a project and their approach to solving problems is many times considered to be quite progressive. They are strong and independent and they follow their own convictions. Their success lies in their ability to focus on the end result of whatever project they work on.
A ONE cannot be co-dependent because it is distasteful to them. On the other side of that coin, they do not take kindly to others who are dependent upon them to the extent that they detract from which really matters and is of concern to the ONE.
Keywords: Originality, Inventive, Courageous, Ambitious, Creativity, Selfishness, Egotism, Materialism, Energy
- Individuality, originality and creativity
- Dominating personality and inspiring leadership.
- Efficient with superior ability to initiate new projects.
- Honorable, honest and dependable
- Good at beginning projects
- Resenting figures of authority
- Refusal to seek advice or follow it.
- Being single-minded, impatient, intolerant and quick tempered.
- Arrogant, boastful
Some lessons and desires which may be encountered on a ONE Life Path:
- A need to learn to be “number one”
- A need to learn that independence is not necessarily gained through rebellious acts. (More is gained through becoming assertive rather than aggressive.)
- May butt heads with those in positions of authority; i.e. parents, teachers, ministers, supervisors, etc. One parent, or possibly both, may often be domineering, interfering or unyielding, which can create a conflict of wills between them.
- A need to balance stubbornness with cooperation.
- A need to balance Self-Will with Divine-Will. It may be necessary to overcome resentment toward the father.
- Obstacles may be viewed as challenges.
- All aspects (body, mind, spirit) must be developed to their fullest and care taken to assure a balance continues between the three.
- A need to recognize one's own value in order that value can be perceived in others.
- A need to guard against being bossy, headstrong, selfish, or impatient.
- Must never allow “self-at-any-cost” to prevail.
- If the Personality Number is 4, 7 or 8, a strong willful drive may give the illusion of a total lack of emotional sentiment.
- When and if operating in a “dependent” mode, the ONE may appear to be at everyone's beck and call.
- Usually, by the thirties, the ONE will begin to release the feelings of rebellion and overcome them with a self-awakening independence.
- The driven nature of the ONE can cause stress. The ONE needs to be careful about his/her health. A healthy diet and an exercise program should be maintained.
2 LIFE PATH - The Path of The Peacemakers
A person on a Two Life Path seeks harmony and peace above all else. They are natural peacemakers with the ability to see all sides of a situation and have the innate ability to handle difficult situations with skill and grace. They are gentle, loving, compassionate spirits and are loyal lovers or friends. They do not like conflict and in this world of duality or division, they have the ability to arbitrate and brings things into balance.
Frequently the Two has natural psychic abilities which can be expanded by studying metaphysical subjects, i.e., Tarot, Astrology, Numerology, etc. They often develop into fine Clairvoyants and/or Channels.
Keywords: Sympathetic, Concerned,, Devoted, Sensitive, Diplomatic, Tactful, Emotional, Friendly, Overly-sensitive,
Timid, Fearful, Nagging, Worry
- Good natured
- Good at keeping secrets
- Good at detail work
- Lack self-confidence
Some lessons, desire,etc., that may be encountered on a Two Life Path:
- A need to develop strength of purpose and definiteness
- A desire for love, companionship, harmony, peace and truth.
- To become a peacemaker and diplomat.
- Is sensitive, emotional and falls in love easily.
- Loves the arts and music.
- Would prefer to follow rather than lead. (The Two many times becomes the Power-Behind-The-Throne...the one who pulls the strings and actually yields the power.)
- Seek marriage or partnerships
- Easy going, kind, friendly, often considered “soft”.
- A desire to collect things that may manifest itself in many ways...i.e., collecting matchbook covers, string, dolls, etc.
- May be studious and may accumulate much wisdom but probably will not disseminate what he/she has learned.
- May find a need for self-discipline and to discipline others.
- If this is an 11/2 Life Path or the 11/2 is found in a Sub-cycle or Pinnacle, separation or divorce may be indicated.
3 LIFE PATH - The Path of Creative Self-Expression
People on a Three Life Path have a very high level of creative self-expression. They are the entertainers, the speakers, the writers, the singers and the artists. They are able to communicate verbally and/or by the written word in all areas. They have a charismatic personality and are able to discern others' emotions and feelings. They are warm, friendly and open. They have the ability to put people at ease and to make them feel comfortable.
The Three would benefit by studying the energy patterns of the Yin and Yang. Threes seem to be aware of the deep need to bring balance into every situation.
Keywords: Self-expression, Patience, Concentration, Friendly, Outgoing, Too easy-going, Creativity
- Creative talents
- Scatters abilities
- Little sense of purpose
- Escapist tendencies
- Critical of others
Some lessons, desires, etc., that may be encountered on a Three Life Path:
- Would like to express creative abilities, particular talent with words, i.e., speaking, singing, writing or acting.
- Would like his/her environment to reflect the beauty which he/she creates
- Responds to life from the heart...can be easily hurt but has the ability to bounce back fairly quickly,
- Love animals, pets and children and the feeling in invariably returned.
- If the Personality Number is a 7, the creative talents may be more on the scientific side.
- If with an 8 Personality, original work in advertising or sales may present itself.
- Loves to flirt but is seldom unfaithful.
- Desires for popularity and lots of friends...loves parties and society.
- Intuitive and inspirational.
- Definite need to develop patience, tolerance and concentration,.
- Usually dislikes detail or plodding work.
- Inclined to look at life as a game, laugh at the bad times and seldom worries.
- May scatter energies and have little sense of purpose.
- Must become aware of his/her special talents and abilities.
- Enjoys the pleasant side of life.
4 LIFE PATH - The Path of the Organizer
People on a Four Life Path are the hard-working, backbones of society. They are the mason who put down a solid foundation. They are determined and practical. They like to be organized and have a definite flair for having the proper place for things. They have a strong sense of right and wrong and always want a solid plan for development of a project. Very honest and require honesty with others in their life.
There is a need for the Four to be become aware of limitations in the environment, his body, his viewpoints, and learn to live in harmony with them.
Keywords: Conservative, Solid, Dependable, Conventional, Practical, Service, Stubborn, Determination, Delicate Health
- Excellent organizer and manager
- Loyal and devoted to partners...marriage or business
- Can get too caught up in daily routines/schedules
- Tenacity can become obsession
Some lessons, desires, etc., that may be encountered on a Four Life Path:
- Does not take easily to new things, works best when work is outlined, is very punctual, hates to be kept waiting.
- Faithful, constant and loyal and angers easily in the face of pretension, insincerity or deceit.
- Has a great need for love but finds it difficult to respond when it is given.
- Loves tradition, order, regularity, bows to superiors and his own consciousness.
- Is a good disciplinarian for self and others.
- Works well with hands, has natural mechanical abilities.
- Definite need to cultivate change, expand viewpoint and be willing to accept the new and discard the old.
- Can be narrow-minded.
- Wants to serve.
- Is learning to appreciate the value of a job well done...and will work to benefit others at the expense of his own goals.
- If the Four is to follow after the INNER work, he must begin by ridding himself of pride, laziness, sloppiness, or any other quality that would interfere with or damage his chosen labor.
- Is capable of producing order out of chaos.
- The 4 person is thorough and dislikes haste and waste.
- An urging to find the INNER work. The work that will serve the PLAN. Something only the Four can do or something that the Four can do better than anyone else.
5 LIFE PATH - The Path of the Adventurer
The people on a Five Life Path are the adventurers. They seek freedom and change and desire variety in their lives. They are outgoing and enjoy meeting new people and going on new journeys. They are very compassionate and good listeners and will go out of their way to give assistance to those who are in need. Their curiosity about life leads them to seek answers to life's many unanswered questions.
The Five can do almost anything he/she desires to do, and do it with superior talent. They are quick thinkers with a very good ability to analyze situations.
Keywords: Freedom, Excitement, Travel, Adventure, Adaptable, Versatile, Restless, Impatient, Self-pity, Undisciplined, Investigation, Possible drug addiction
- Solves complex problems swiftly
- Very persuasive
- Motivates people easily
- Very versatile (can become a jack of all trades)
- Unafraid to take risks
- Scatters energy
- Becomes irresponsible
- Unaware of other's feelings
- Dislikes routine or boring work
- Lack of direction
Some lessons, desires, etc., that may be encountered on a Five Life Path:
- Doesn't want to be governed or judged by standard values.
- Very important that each experience be understood, completed and released for new growth.
- This is the time to learn the Laws of Acceptance. Learn to call up the SELF for proper experience.
- Excellent number for teachers and lecturers.
- May take responsibilities lightly, if at all.
- Loves strange new places, people and things.
- Cannot or may not want to deal with routine or detail.
- Adapts easily to any condition, place or class of people (when in Rome...)
- Probably has a philosophical bent.
- Usually has above average intelligence, likes to promote and investigate.
- Likes sunshine, outdoors, music, science, crowds and sports
- Is enthusiastic and can inspire others with enthusiasm and inspiration.
- The excitement of life will keep the Five eternally young, He is a delightful companion.
- He must learn that all things should be taken in moderation and not to scatter his energies nor get lost in physical delights such as food, sex, drink or drugs.
- He must learn about constructive freedom and constructive change.
6 LIFE PATH
The Path of The Nurturer
Those born on a Six Life Path are truly the nurturers of this Earth Plane. They are home and family oriented and service minded. They have understanding and are compassionate. They are reliable and desire to please others and they take an interest in community. Their parenting skills are strong and they can be most 'domestic' and would really prefer to stay at home to care for family. People are drawn to those on a magnetic Six Life Path as they seek to have their needs fulfilled.
The Six will, at some point in life, begin to resent the responsibility of assisting others and want to make a determination as to how much responsibility he/she wants to continue to carry.
Keywords: Responsibility, Empathy, Family, Marriage, Peacemaker, Open-minded, Love, Problems with family, Meddler,Harmony
- Responsible and service minded.
- Realistic about Life.
- Compassion and support
- Become overwhelmed with responsibility
- Rejects responsibility
- Neglects own needs
Some lessons, desires, etc., that may be encountered on a Six Life Path:
- Marriage and family are usually the most important aspects of a Six Life Path.
- There may be a need to develop firmness and assertiveness in order to bring balance to emotion and judgments.
- A need to develop a less personal attitude.
- There may be a tendency to be stubborn, argumentative or interfering.
- Should have a good voice for singing or speaking.
- Loves to give advice. Wants to help others but must be careful not to interfere.
- Can either be a refuge or be an asylum for those in need.
- Does not like to work alone.
- Is truly the happiest when working with others and can open his/her home and arms to them.
- Balance needs to be maintained as he/she may seek the perfect mate and be disappointed if any flaw crops up.
- Must not allow himself to become a doormat to others.
- Must accept the responsibility of helping family and friends. They recognize the strengths and will come to him for assistance.
- Is an excellent teacher.
- May have to work much harder than anticipated to maintain balance in a marriage.
- Very exacting and hard on themselves.
- They strive for a perfection that is sometimes unreal.
7 LIFE PATH - The Path of the Spiritual Wisdom Seeker
Those born on a Seven Life Path are philosophical and spiritual in nature. Their aura is one of mystery as they hide their real “self” from you. They are wise beyond their years and their “Path” is one of being the student and searching to uncover the Wisdom of the Universe. They will happily and easily give up a busy business life for a life of solitude and quiet. They find they are called upon to maintain a balance between a life of solitude and one of becoming totally isolated from society.
The Seven may experience some sudden, unexpected shifts , from high to low in his/her fortune and have a sense of the rug being pulled out from under him/her.
Keywords: Introspection, Analytical Approach, Reserved, Seeks perfection, Studious (can become the perennial student), Aristocracy, Spirituality, Escapism, Introvert, Alcoholism, Mysterious
- Friend for life
- Reserved (although this is many times observed as being 'aloof')
- Comfortable being alone.
- Love of nature...lakes, forests, meadows, flowers, etc.
- Negative attitude
- Lack of consideration
- Feelings of being treated unfairly
- Need to learn to have Faith
Some lessons, desires, etc., that may be encountered on a Seven Life Path:
- Desires time alone, in the quiet, to develop inner resources.
- Would really prefer to avoid the business world.
- A dreamer of dreams, desiring to discover the deeper truths.
- Loves mystery (the occult) and wants to understand the Laws of the Universe.
- Dislikes noise, confusion, detail and manual labor.
- Usually misunderstood because he/she is withdrawn.
- Wants to know the why of things.
- Is conservative, refined and usually shy.
- Definite need to develop understanding and sympathy, and to avoid melancholy and fear.
- Fears loneliness and poverty.
- Likes things that have “class”.
- Finds it difficult to express emotion or trust feelings.
- Must learn to be alone but not lonely
- Often difficult to get to know.
- Most Sevens appear to be aloof, cool, distant but this is often a form of protection for the Seven.
- Usually afraid to trust others and therefore depends on him/herself and own resources.
- Is considered to be “different”, has unique solutions and approaches to situations.
- It is important that the Seven go within (introspection) for his answers
8 LIFE PATH - The Path of Material Fortune
Those born on an Eight Life Path are independent, competitive and materially successful. They do not feel safe or secure until they establish their financial security. They represent ambition, diligence and authority. They possess strong organizational skills and are usually very goal oriented. The Eights are good business managers and have natural leadership skills that allow for their success in the business world. They deal in down-to-earth situations and have little time for dreams or visions. They thrive on hard work and need to be aware of how easily they could become a workaholic.
The Eight Life Path is also considered to be the Path of returning Karma. On this Life Path, unfinished lessons that have been brought from past lives will be presented. Opportunities will be presented to correct the karma and understanding and wisdom can be obtained as the lesson is learned and the karma is put to rest. The power of the Eight will enable successful completion of karmic lessons if the power is used wisely and with love.
The Eight needs to analyze and understand attitude toward money. Once an Eight lets go of the 'need' for money and accepts the Universal Flow, he/she will have as much as he/she can possibly need.
At some point an opportunity will be presented to the Eight to determine which way he/she chooses to use his/her abilities…selfishly or genuinely to assist in the awakening of another person's capabilities.
- Analytical mind
- Good judgment
- Material freedom
- Grasping for power
- Natural executive
- Good judge of character
- Courage of convictions
- Practical and steady
- Success can become an obsession
- Emotional feelings suppressed
- Live beyond means
- Neglect family and loved ones to obtain goal
- Discounts others' opinions
Some lessons, desires, etc. that may be encountered on An Eight Life Path:
- Desires wealth, success, power, status
- Loves to manage and direct, to struggle against opposition
- If money is sought purely for selfish gain, it will probably slip through fingers.
- Once an Eight lets go of the 'need' for power, the world will recognize how powerful he/she truly is.
- Can take control and leave a situation greatly improved because of his/her effort.
- Dislikes weakness and inefficiency.
- Ability to recognize potential in others.
- Good at judging character and is seldom a daydreamer.
- Is so often extremely goal-oriented that it is difficult to consider other approaches to a solution.
- Must learn that material possessions, money, power are only a means to an end.
9 LIFE PATH - The Path of The Metaphysician
Those born on a Nine Life Path are Metaphysicians, Humanitarians and Philanthropists. They are also natural leads and assume they are in charge even if they are not. They take care of everyone less but have difficulty speaking up when they need help, love or a hug. They often feel unloved or abandoned by one or both of their parents (and oftentimes this is the case). Extremely difficult for a Nine to let go of the past. They are friendly and people are drawn to them. They are selfless and feel deeply for those less fortunate. They are often required to overcome a lot in their lifetime. The Nine symbolizes endings and also spiritual consciousness.
Keywords: Humanitarian, Philanthropist, Kind and caring, Healer, Intuitive power, Extremes of emotion, Universality, Endings
- Deep understanding of life
- Makes friends easily
- Desire to help others
- Philosophical nature
- Spiritual Healer
- Difficulty believing that giving can be satisfying
- Personal ambition
- Rejecting humanitarianism
- Feels no compassion for those less fortunate
- Selfish attitude
- Does not work for the common good
Some lessons, desires, etc. that may be encountered on A Nine Life Path:
- Wants to be a big brother to all of mankind
- Sympathetic...understanding and serving.
- Sees the good in everyone.
- Wants to give all the benefits of his knowledge and experience.
- Has wisdom, intuition.
- Desires personal love, but belongs to the Universe.
- Is spiritual and has faith and a driving need to know the answers and to perceive truth.
- Wants to share artistic and creative talents with others.
- Is idealistic and often saddened at the lack of perfection he/she perceives in the world.
- Pleasure comes in giving but there is a need to realize there is little, if any, return for the giving.
- Must lean selflessness and service for the benefit of others.
- Needs to develop definiteness, balance and emotional control.
- The Nine is often desirous of material gain. This desire can lead to disappointment as he/she finds it difficult to believe that happiness can be found in selfless service to others.
- May experience difficulty in finding an outlet for his/her creative abilities.
- Is romantic and passionate and can be easily hurt by unexpected responses.
- As the Nine is the number of endings and completion, choices will need to made and endings not resisted.
- The Nine is tempted to just end things so it is done on his/her terms but it is best to let it take its course as it comes.
- Needs to understand and accept that with every ending there is a new beginning.